Greene, RI 02827
Phone1: 401 397 7875
Phone2: 401 744 1115
Phone3: 786 302 3203
RI Dog Trainers
Puppy classes and aggressive dog training in
- The Well-trained Dog
- The well-trained dog is a happy dog. Well-trained dogs get to go more places. The dog that knows how to behave in various situations or to look to you for guidance in unfamiliar situations is able to do more things and have more freedom. Things like …
- A well-trained dog behaves in ways that enhance your connection and relationship. A well-trained dog greets you and your guests respectfully with a wagging tail, and all …
- Our Training Philosophy
- Our philosophy and methods teach you to establish a trusting, loving, and respectful relationship through proper and consistent bonding procedures that psychologically influence the dog to see you as …
- Motivation & Correction
- Once the dog has accepted your leadership and begun to exhibit respectful calm submission, he is taught correct behaviors and to follow commands thru consistent motivation such as …
- Effective Leadership
- Clear and effective leadership is the best way to control a dog's behavior. For a dog, leadership is not a "grey" area. However, many dog owners (and trainers) are unclear in …
Who We Are/ What We Do ...
Best Buddy Dog Training RI, owned and operated by Shawn Hines, is a professional, relationship-based pet dog training service. Our services include in-home training, board & train 'Boot Camp' and dog training seminars.
In-Home Dog Training
Best Buddy Dog Training RI offers in home dog training because your home and surrounding neighborhood is most often the best place to begin training your dog. Shawn Hines will be your personal Dog Trainer and show you how to train your dog and establish the proper relationship so that the dog will listen to and obey you in all circumstances – even off-leash and with distractions all around.
Our In Home Dog Training service begins with a phone call where you talk with the dog trainer and discuss your dog's behavior, your relationship with the dog, and your idea of the perfect dog.
The dogtraining begins immediately when Shawn the dog trainer arrives at your home. In the first lesson, we address and correct any issues you may be having with your dog inside your home such as:
- aggression towards people;
- aggression towards other pets
- destructive chewing;
- food aggression;
- jumping on you or your guests;
- leash aggression
- nipping and biting;
- unwanted barking; and
- general obedience
We then work together with you to train your dog to lie down on command and stay there until released, to wait for permission to follow you through doorways and stairways (if applicable), and more. By the end of the first lesson, you will see a profound change in your dog's behavior and attentiveness.
In the following lessons, using dog psychology and balanced training methods we train your dog to do things that continually increase your dog's love and respect for you, and your dog's desire to cooperate with you and obey you - on and off leash - even outside with lots of distractions all around.
- Heel - Walk peacefully at your side with his head next to your knee.
- Follow - Walk 3 to 6 feet behind you on command.
- Place - Go onto and stay in a spot you choose.
- Go On - Go 6 to 10 feet away from you - or anything you choose - and disengage.
- Wait - Remain in place while you go into a building until you return or call.
- Car Safety - Walk calmly and peacefully with you to and from the car, wait until you give permission or command to enter or exit the car, and stand or sit peacefully next to you upon exiting the car.
With Best Buddy Dog Training's in home dog training the service never ends. We will continue to work with you until you have the perfect dog for the entire life of the dog. While it is likely that you will have learned a great deal about preventing or solving dog behavior problems and training your dog, if you ever need a 'refresher' or are having a dogtraining issue with your dog, you can always call on Best Buddy Dog Training and Shawn the dog trainer will be happy to help you.
Pricing ranges from $1200 to $1600, depending on distance travelled (within 100 miles) from the Best Buddy Dog Training Facility in Greene, RI.
"Boot Camp" at Best Buddy Dog Training
Is your dog particularly difficult, poorly socialized, or aggressive? Bring or send your dog to our dog 'boot camp.' Shawn Hines will personally train and rehabilitate your dog and teach him to be a calm, obedient family pet. All dogs live among and work with the pack here at Best Buddy Dog Training in RI. In addition to being properly socialized around other dogs, cats, and farm animals, the dog spends lots of one-on-one time with Shawn training your dog.
A well-trained family pet dog should be respectful, polite, and a joy to be around. He should not run off and get into trouble. He should not destroy your property or chew your furniture. He should not bite or nip your (or anyone else's) hands. He should come when you call, go away from you (or anything you choose) when you tell him to, and stay where you tell him to stay. For many people, this will change their lives with their dogs dramatically. But our Boot Camp dogtraining doesn't stop there. In addition to solving any dog behavior problems you need addressed (or we discover), we also train your dog to:
- • stand or lie down in place while you go away - even out of sight - and return.
- • look for direct permission before going through doors and gates after you.
- • lie down in a place you choose, and stay there until given direct permission to move.
- • hop up onto and remain on a platform, table, and treadmill
- • hop into or out of a vehicle safely and only on command.
- • go to a designated spot and stay there indefinitely
Your dog is returned to you happy, well behaved, well socialized, and well trained.
The training takes place here at Best Buddy Dog Training and nearby city streets, parks, malls, and stores. Your dog will learn to behave politely at home and in public even with lots of distractions all around. Shawn's dogtraining methods are affectionate and communicative, leading your dog to truly enjoy training. The goal is to get your dog trained to be obedient off leash quickly. With the Best Buddy Dog Training P.R.I.M.E. Method of dog psychology and dogtraining, your dog learns to be peaceful and happily obedient off leash.
Normally the Dog Boarding and Training Boot Camp program lasts for 4 to 6 weeks, and includes intensive follow-up to show you how to maintain your dog's new skills and behaviors.
The cost is $2500 to $4500, depending on your dog's behavioral issues and your specific dog training or rehabilitation requirements.
Dog Training Seminars - P.R.I.M.E. Your Dog
Learn to influence your dog's behavior and gain respectful obedience quickly in our dog training seminar.
Seminars are normally 8 hours over two days. We cover the basics of Proximity, Resources, Interactions, Movement and Energy. Along the way we address the real causes of disrespectful dog behavior such as pulling on the leash, jumping on you and your guests, nipping and biting, resource-guarding, and more. We also make significant strides in getting those issues solved. You will see a dramatic change in your dog and gain valuable knowledge of ways to correct or prevent these behaviors and more.
These seminars are a great way to get the Best Buddy Dog Training training tips and philosophy if finances are an issue. Simply gather a few friends and split the cost.The seminar price is $2000 plus travel and housing for Shawn Hines and one of his dogs.
About Shawn Hines the Dog Trainer
Shawn Hines is a behavioral trainer with more than 20 years of experience dealing with unruly and aggressive dogs. He's a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers, a certified Superdog™ Trainer, and has earned undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate degrees in music and law from the University of Miami (Fl).